Folorunsho Alakija has become a household name. Every Nigerian child grows up to know the name and every Nigerian business woman wishes to be as successful as she is.
Alakija is a business tycoon involved in the fashion, oil and printing industries. She is the group managing director of The Rose of Sharon Group. Forbes named her as the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $2.1 billion. In 2015, she was listed as the second most powerful woman in Africa, and the 87th most powerful woman in the world.
Here are some highly inspirational quotes from her;
- You need to decide what you want to achieve.
- There is compelling evidence that women can be agents of economic change.
- Don’t give up when things get tough, just hang in there, stay focused and be patient.
- Don’t think that anything can happen overnights.
- Never allow anyone to tell you it can’t be done.
- You need to believe in your dream.
- Women need to be given the opportunities to tap into their talents, and energy is being wasted on a daily basis.
- We complement the men and should be seen as value-adding.
- The world economy is now in such a way that the men cannot do it on their own, we need bold women to step it up and take their rightful place
- Get rid of naysayers – those who say to you that you can’t do it.
- We have grown passed the stage of fairytal
- We have to take the bull by the horn and make the change happen by ourselves.
- In my dictionary, ‘can’t’ doesn’t exist.
- As women, we have one common front and that is to succeed.
*Culled from Ventures Africa and Wikipedia.