We talk a lot about branding at Metro Woman and the reason is because, it has the power to make or break your business. A weak brand will fizzle out in no time while a strong brand can last for decades. Which do you prefer?
Here are nine fundamental qualities of a good brand that you need to know and incorporate as you build the brand of your business;
- Keep It Simple: one big idea is best.
- Mass-produced word of mouth (PR) builds brands.
- Focused brands are more powerful than diffused brands.
- Somehow, some way, you have to be different.
- The first brand in a category has a huge advantage.
- Avoid sub-brands at all cost.
- Quality is important, but not as important as the perception of quality.
- Be consistent and patient. Building a strong brand takes time.
- Put your brand definition in writing, otherwise you’ll get off course.
Create a brand that you will be proud of in 2018!